Well, it was about a month ago that I wrote commenting on being sick, and letting you all know that I would be getting back to my normal writing schedule. That didn’t happen. Work happened.
All my time since then has been spent managing between 2 and 5 developers, and trying to get a project that would end up weighing in at almost 50,000 lines of code completed and to production. Seeing as we started without specs, and made the deadline, I’m quite happy about how it went. I learned some interesting things on this project, if I can find a way to write about it without breaking my confidentiality agreement; you may see more about it soon.
There are more projects, with similar near-impossible deadlines ahead, but hopefully I’ll be able to keep my head a bit more above the water.